logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brooke925  
#1 Posted : Friday, 14 April 2017 5:54:45 PM(UTC)
brooke925

Groups: Registered

I am having trouble with swoop we're being able to read my go Pro 4s. My computer reads it as a go pro and not drive letter. Does anyone have any advice on how to rename or change the way my computer reads the camera? Thanks!
Mick Hardy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, 15 April 2017 2:02:17 AM(UTC)
Mick Hardy

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I'm afraid there isn't too much I can do about this at the moment. TandemVids uses the file browser built into Windows. The problem lies with Microsoft and GoPro.

This is due to a change in the way the GoPro Hero 4 connects to the computer. It now uses MTP (Media Transfer Protocol). Previous GoPro models connected using UMS (USB Mass Storage) and created a mapped drive letter in Windows Explorer. The same problem also occurs on Macs and Linux machines. The error message is given by Windows, not by TandemVids. There is nothing I can do to rectify the problem.

Currently your only option is to use a card reader or transfer the files to your computer using a third party application like the ones listed on the GoPro support page.
https://gopro.com/help/articles/How_To/Importing-Camera-Files-to-a-Computer-Windows-10

I do have a task scheduled to look into this with more detail at some stage. I should be able to add an option to transfer the files before populating the source media but supporting the Magix version of Vegas currently has a critical priority.

There is another forum post regarding this issue.
http://www.swoopware.com/Forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1197

Mick

Edited by user Saturday, 15 April 2017 2:03:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified